2.19.2011

wait a second.

I woke up today angry at my alarm.

I begin my day thinking of all the tasks ahead and start to get a little anxious.  This is definately a busy time in the semester for everyone.

After a quick lunch and a change of outlook I collect my things and head out the door, spring jacket and aviators at the ready.

I begin to take a few pictures, captured by the beauty of this Saturday afternoon, hoping that what I see can be captured through the lense of my camera.  What was at first a straight shot to Via Piazza del Biscione 95 turned into a stroll through the city.  I couldn't stop smiling. The experiences here in Rome are endless.  Every day is a new opportunity to see it in a different way, to smell different foods from the windows of studio, to find new places that inspire you. I think back to the dérive and wonder what a depiction of this journey would look like.  I would close my eyes and write words; conversations of people passing, sounds of laughter and motorcycles, thoughts interrupted by new thoughts.


The best part about my journey is that it can never happen the same way again.  The experience my own, the time is past and can only be remembered and shared.  This was a lesson in not taking things for granted.  I have to remind myself that this experience is only what I make it.  Writing this only makes me want to follow my nose to what I'm smelling outisde, but this studio project calls to me too.  I'll follow my senses tonight to find dinner, but for now it's back to work.


I only hope I push myself out of the door enough to see more days like today.
With the first sights of flowers on trees, I don't think this will be hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment